In today's world, smartphones have become an essential part of our lives. We use them for everything from communication to entertainment, and we often rely on them to stay connected with the world around us. However, with the increasing use of smartphones comes an increase in waste, including the disposal of phone cases. There are over 6.5 billion smartphones in use worldwide. Over 85% of smartphone users protect their devices with a phone case. More than 95% of the phone cases in use are made of plastic. This is where biodegradable materials can help reduce plastic waste.
Here are the top 10 reasons to use biodegradable phone cases:
- Eco-friendly: Biodegradable phone cases are made from natural materials that break down over time. This reduces the amount of waste in landfills and helps to protect the environment.
- Sustainability: Biodegradable phone cases are made from sustainable materials, such as bamboo, corn, or recycled plastic, reducing the need for virgin plastic production.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Biodegradable phone cases require fewer resources to produce and distribute compared to traditional phone cases. This results in a lower carbon footprint, which is better for the environment.
- Durability: Several years ago, biodegradable phone cases could not compete with the strength of plastic phone cases. But now due to advancements in material science and technology, biodegradable phone cases are just as durable as traditional phone cases. They can provide the same level of protection for your phone but you have to be careful when making the selection because all biodegradable phone cases do not have the same level of engineering behind their design to protect your phone.
- Style: Biodegradable phone cases are available in a wide range of colors and designs to suit your personal style. CLASPP offers a wide range of designs that are printed using water-based non-toxic inks that are UV cured for durability.
- Affordable: Originally biodegradable phone cases were priced up to 3 times the price of a typical plastic phone case. With the advancement in material processing, biodegradable phone cases can be priced similarly to traditional phone cases, making them an affordable and eco-friendly option.
- Easy to dispose of: When you are done with a biodegradable phone case, you can simply compost it or dispose of it in the trash, knowing that it will eventually break down. Most biodegradable phone cases can be processed through industrial composting. The US Composting Council offers information about your local composter. https://www.compostingcouncil.org/
- Supports ethical brands: By choosing biodegradable phone cases, you support ethical brands that prioritize sustainability and environmental protection. Most of these companies have to compete on a non-level playing field against plastic that has economies of scale working for them so by making the choice to use biodegradable phone cases you are helping to reduce the influence of big plastic.
- Raises awareness: By using a biodegradable phone case, you can help raise awareness about the importance of sustainability and inspire others to make more eco-friendly choices. You have the power to influence your friends and family. Use it!
- Future-oriented: Choosing biodegradable phone cases is a small step towards a more sustainable future. By making a conscious effort to reduce waste, we can help ensure that future generations have a healthy planet to live on.
In conclusion, biodegradable phone cases are an eco-friendly, sustainable, and stylish alternative to traditional phone cases. By choosing a biodegradable phone case, you can make a small but significant impact on the environment while also protecting your phone. Every effort to prevent new plastic from entering the environment is worth it.
Can we count on you?
Join the movement.
- Can you recycle old phone cases? How to dispose of them sustainably by Andrew Korosofsky Greenmatters.com
- What to do with old phone cases? Recycling and Reuse by Jennifer Okafor Trvst.world
- What to do with your old phone cases by Joe Fedewa How-to-Geek.com
- Can you recycle phone cases? ( And ways to dispose of ) Conserve-energy-future.com
- Are you properly disposing of your old cell phone cases? closetheloop.com